View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 07:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/136.5/130
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Ketosis - where are you?

Wow - thanks for such a great response. Your suggestions are excellent and I will get started on them tonight after my dinner guests leave. Yeah - I've had to make a baked orange cheesecake today without licking my fingers. How hard is that?
OK - I am now on day three of my new induction diet, I figured I would start right at the very beginning again. I bought my Ketostix without question on day 1 and have been testing throughout every day since, waiting to witness the inevitable change to purple. BUT, I have yet to witness anything beyond an indicator of trace ketones. Should I be in Ketosis yet? Am I too eager? Am I eating too much cheese? Why do I still feel better already without the carbs?

When is it normal to see the stick change to purple? It would be useful to hear/read other peoples experiences to be able to gauge whether I am hysterically frustrated or simply doing everything right and waiting for my metabolism to affect the change.

On the other hand, the weight I was so quickly putting back on has already reveresed and the damage has been undone which is a relief. Does the total amount of calories ingested affect the ketostick reading?

I am truly a greenhorn.

Pally