View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 19:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

RCFletcher...I really admire your good attitude about this woe...now if I can remember it when the scales won't move.

I stayed on induction level carbs for 6 months. I did a strict 2 week induction then added a few foods here and there, but stayed at about 20 carbs. In February I started going up to 25 carbs, but then decided to go back and do another strict, clean induction and follow the carb ladder for OWL. Wanted to make sure I wasn't eating something that could be causing me problems. I think the amount of time spent on induction is a personal choice...but I do agree with RCFletcher on the absolute importance of OWL. Slowly adding carbs back, watching for any foods that may cause problems, helps your body to adjust and helps heal your metabolism. But I don't think I could have started OWL after just 2 weeks...I had too much to lose and needed more reinforcement that this woe works so that I wouldn't get discouraged. I lost 50 lbs. before moving to owl...I wanted to wait until I got to 150 lbs...but my loss slowed down so much and I decided it might do me more good to move on. Doing so has not sped up my weight loss, but I have continued to loose inches.