View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

ok, rockerChik...that was a heck of a beginning - I totally understand how that could be so impressionable...but look how much it affected you and shaped your views at that tender young age. Now imagine yourself back at 5 years old,nad having a group of protesters throw a bucket to you full of blood (that you don't know is fake) and bones and tell you how horrible KFC and "animal killers/eaters" are...that would have easily traumatized and shaped your beliefs as it would for many children.

I have no issues with people protecting animals from cruelty - no animal should ever have to suffer, however, that siad, animals are a food source for many of us - even htough you don't eat them, a lot of others do, and that needs to be respected, even if not agreed with. There are a lot of decent places that do slaughter animals in a very humane way. I can personally vouch for that.

I think what I am hearing you say is that you are totally dedicated to protecting animals from abuse, which is admirable! You just need to realize though that there are some of us who are not vegans, who never will be, and we are not bad people for enjoying eating meat. And corporations are not all guilty of cruelty. i have yet to see any proof that KFC is involved in this.