Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: Eades
Stats: 278/236/181
BF:44%/33%/14%
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChik
Of course, I look forward to all of your holier-than-thou, unyeilding responses.

Now who is being adversarial?

The fact is many feel eating meat is inhumane and morally wrong. Many disagree and feel eating meat is not morally reprehensible. These two groups will never agree with each other... The only gray area is what people consider humane treatment of these "food" animals.
I personally question the need of strangers trying to shock children into believing what their orginization believes is right. Children should not be the target of these campaigns. I would be just as upset if another orginization used similar tactics. I happen to be anti-abortion, I would be quire angry with the right to life orginization if they targeted children with bloody dolls to raise awareness. I also don't appreciate it when religious groups scare my children with visions of hell, because we go to a different church than them.

I guess the whole point of my rambling is their are issues that people who feel strongly one way or another will never agree on, even after debate.
Religion
Abortion
and I guess now whether targeting kids for awareness is moral.
Debate until the cows come home... noone is going to change their position.