View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 16:21
RockerChik

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hiya, LisaN. Ummm...well, I am not saying that we were discussing "daycare" here. Of course I realize that "making nice" is not gonna cut it! Why on earth do you think I would be a supporter of PETA if not for that very fact?

I have done research into all of the organizations whom I support. PETA, as far as I am concerned, IS an anti-terrorist organization. The fact that " they are considered a terrorist organization by our government" - our government? What's that supposed to mean to me? Sorry. I'm not touching that one.

I'm glad your kids know where they get their meat from, although I wasn't speaking to you per se`, LisaN. That's all well and fine and honestly, if they DO know that, then why would they not be relatively unscarred by the blood bucket thing display? I guess because by the time the meat gets to your kitchen, all the blood is cleaned up.

It's a personal choice, of course, but by the time your kids are school-age, you could always educate them just a wee bit about these types of organizations and what they are trying to do. NOTE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THESE ORGANIZATION TO DO THIS. This way, in the event that they are exposed to a public display such as the BLOODY CHICKEN IN THE BUCKET, at the very LEAST, they will have some point of reference and I think you'd avoid undue trauma in the more sensitive child.

Of course, I look forward to all of your holier-than-thou, unyeilding responses.