#13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/193/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Psych yourself out

Another trick Dr. A suggests is IMAGERY. Yesterday (Day 15 of Induction) I was feeling very peckish and wanted a Crunch Bar in the worst way. Instead of buckling--and knowing I would regret it immediately--(I was even contemplating eating the candy and then putting my finger down my throat!) I instead decided to put away my cold weather clothes and bring out the warm weather wardrobe that I haven't worn in 4 years.

Not only did this take my mind off of food, it made me wistful for the pretty clothes I once fit in to. This was the best thing I could have done because I was forcing myself to remember when I was thin enough to wear these clothes, and remember how I felt "back then": slim, attractive, sexy, energetic. Hmmm. I wasn't hungry for that candy bar anymore.

And by putting away my bulky sweaters, I am forcing myself to stay with the program so I can fit into my pretty summer clothes, and recapture those feelings I had of myself 4 years ago.

Cheers!

(After 2 weeks on induction I lost 7 pounds and 8 inches. And day 14 was the first day of TOM. I expect the whoosh fairy me in week 3.)