View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 04:11
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I need support. But I feel it is my responsibility in the end. Too many, I have personally known (me included) have found on the days the "family" does something off program that we use it as an excuse to go off program too. Then blame it on "them".

Nah...it is up to me. I got where I WAS (476 pounds) by making bad choices for me. I got where I AM (80+ pounds lighter) by making better choices for me.

But as those who have been around have heard from me before...your mileage may vary, I speak only for me and from my experience, and I will screw up again. I will also pick my butt back up again and get back on the health train. Woo! Woo! There is no end to my health journey 'til that last clocking out when God tells me my shift is up. But you know what? Where during parts of this "diet", that was kinda depressing now it gives me great joy. This eating program I am on is a way of life now and not a diet. I do have things off program. Just fewer and fwer as the months go by and this becomes easier and easier to enjoy.

So...though my family support has declined over the past 10 months from their initial excitement for me, my own understanding is now that if I am going to do this I am the only one responsible for ME.