#2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 01:45
Lurking LowCarber

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Word-of-mouth success stories such as the Withams' have quickly propelled "The South Beach Diet" to the top of the best-seller list -- with more than 5.5 million hardcover copies flying off shelves since its April release. Its popularity -- along with several other new diet books such as "The Good Carbohydrate Revolution," "Living the Low Carb Life" and a less-restrictive version of the Atkins diet that allows more of the so-called "good carbs" -- has helped push the low-carb craze mainstream.
Living the Low Carb Life by Jonny Bowden, M.A., C.N.S. is not actually a LC diet book, but is a book about LC diets. I know that sounds contradictory, but read the book and it will make sense, honest. There are several other points I could make to shred this article, but it's all been said before. Had the author actually read this book instead of simply making reference to it, he (or she, I found no name) might have learned something about low carb diets. He's close, but not quite right on the money.