View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 05:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Thanks for all of your support! I will try eliminating the red meat and egg yolks, as suggested. Maybe what I should do also is get a home blood pressure kit. I sometimes think that I become so stressed simply by going to the doctor's that the reading might not be accurate.

I have been thinking about reading Protein Power, and now I've decided to get it today. Also, I'll re-read Atkins to find the supplements.

As far as weights go, I have been doing weights 3 times a week for the past 3 months -- using the 'Total Gym' that my husband bought me for a gift, free weights, and dumbells. I also have a treadmill -- have an entire exercise room with the weight bench, weights, Total Gym, and treadmill -- it's great!

I also will change doctors -- I was surprised that she was so negative -- she is my friend's doctor, and Vicki is doing low carb, and this the same doctor who told her that she was losing weight too fast (must be nice)! I've been doing Atkins since the end of June, and the doctor told me that low carb diets don't work for everyone, maybe I should change. I asked her 'to what'? Low fat, low cal, certainly didn't work -- in fact, they're one of the reasons I'm at the weight I am! At least with Atkins I did lose inches and a couple of pounds, and I feel so much better! I did quit smoking June 1st, so maybe it's going to take longer for my metabolism to adjust because of that -- I may try to adjust the diet, read more books, etc., but I will not go back to high carb, low fat -- I never want to feel the way I did when I ate like that again!