Thread: Need help.
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 22:24

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Are you exercising? If so, how long have you been exercising and is it resistance training? The reason I ask is that my weight loss has slowed down over the last 2 months as I got more into exercising. I was doing the training as you read most people do with increasing the weights to build muscle. I've been tweaking my exercise so that I'm doing some resistance training, but just increasing the reps without increasing the weights. Doing it this way burns more fat, but still maintains my current muscle mass. I'm also increasing the cardio just a bit, adding 7-8 minutes more than I was doing. I just started making these changes this week and already I can tell a big difference.

I also think eating a wider variety of foods and an increase in fiber is helping me. I've been adding in some strawberries, lc bread, different veggies, etc. I've also been eating lc oatmeal for breakfast everyday this week. My weight is down 2.8 lbs since Monday, so something is working. If I look at my average on Fitday over the last 2 months, it is .889 lbs per week.

I really do think we each have to try different things to find what works for us. We all react differently to foods and exercise. By experimenting, you may find the right combination for you.

Good luck!