View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 17:43

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

The whole deal with curves is to exercise a muscle group really hard just until it starts to get tired (About 30 seconds), because once it gets tired, there is no more benefit to continuing. Then you rest that muscle group for 1 minute while you exercise another.

30 seconds upper body, walk in place to rest for 30 seconds, 30 seconds lower body, rest for 30 seconds. The aerobic part is that you do this constantly for 30 minutes, which is the recommended amount of Aerobic activity daily.

Basically you are strength training and aerobic training at the same time.

I think it would take some time, and effort, but you could provide a home workout with the same benefits as the circuit training at curves, particularly if you own say, an ab-machine and some free weights (upper body) and a stationary bike and/or a cross-country machine (lower body).

I personally think that the cost of curves is worth it, especially if you can get in during a membership drive like I did, I didn’t have to pay the initiation fee, I just had to bring in groceries for the food bank, and then it is $30 per month.

Of course, I have to work out first thing in the morning, before my body wakes up and realizes what I am doing.