View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 17:14
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just thought I'd add my voice to the chorus. 31, single forever, watched 3 younger siblings match and start hatching, watched many many friends do the same... and have had all the same thoughts as Scott had and Valerie has. I'm flawed, I'm unloveable, I'll be alone forever, etc etc. It *is* the weight but it's also not just that but the vibe and attitude, and how you've been taught to see yourself because of the weight. But how do you change an attitude you've had for so long etc etc ad nauseam. I'd wax more eloquent but you've already done it so well and I've talked about things like this before in my journal plus it's 1am here and I'm too tired to think straight.

I guess we just have to hope that Mr or Ms Right will eventually show up (and probably make an effort to actually find them, too) like they did for Scott and Ellen. My friends have been on dating websites for years and I've avoided them like the plague cos I'm so filled with insecurities and fears and issues. Today I started writing up a profile to put up. It's a start.

Deborah