View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:50

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Here it is, March 25 - Thursday - and I'm almost done Week 6 in my BFL program - that's the halfway point! I'm so amazed with my transformation already. I haven't really lost much pound weight on the scales, but I have definitely lost inches - I'll measure again on the weekend, but my jeans are loose straight out of the dryer - no lunges and squats to get them up over my booty lol! I just feel so good - cardio is amazing - I'm doing 55-65 minutes on cardio day and loving it, and I've added the incline bench to my ab routine - I can only do 3 sets of 4-6 crunches, but I know I will work my way up to 3 sets of 20 or more! I have increased my crunches to 30 the first set, with 15 side crunches each side, and 30 leg lifts, and to think that when I started, I had a hard time doing 12-15 leg lifts. My second set is still 20-10-20, but I'm really pleased with my ab progress. Matt came up behind me last night and sort of tickled my side, and he was surprised because he felt muscle!

I pushed 235 pounds on the leg press for my 6 rep set twice in a row now - yahoo! And my walking lunges, I am doing full floor lengths each set with up to 12 pounds in each hand - actually did 15 each hand once. Squats are getting better too - but 15 x 3 of the two exercises - regular squats and plié squats - still knock the wind right out of me - I'm about to drop when I finish! I start with them though - get them over with while I have the most energy.

Upper body is getting better too. I'm becoming more comfortable with the free weights, and have been able to increase weights a little. Hit lots of 10s on both UB and LB - and as I said, cardio is motoring - 10+ HIIT every time.

I will update with new measurements but might wait and post before and after stats at week 8 -

this rocks!