Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 09:55
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed

How is everyone else doing with their weekly goals?

Well, I havn't lost the 2 lbs yet, but considering I went up 2 lbs after my free day oink out, I'm happy to be back where I started and I still have a few days to get there.

Yesterday I had a great LBWO. Last Friday I did a new Personal Best (PB) of 205lbs on my sqauts. Then yesterday I tried 205 for 6 reps again and it was surprisingly easy, so I added two more 25 lb plates to bring it up to 255lbs and thought I'd try it just to see if I could get a rep or two. To my surprise I got 6 reps! I couldn't beleive it. I'm still stunned. I have to admit though that my form was suffering. My back was wabbly and my knees were wabbling too. My lower back is sore today. Not injured, just very sore. I think I'll pull back to about 225 lbs next week and see if I can do that with better form.

I've been getting big strength gains every time I walk in the gym. The only thing I can attribute it to is maybe the nutrition change I did this challenge. Unfortunately, the strength gains have not yet translated into muscle size or fat loss gains. But it's only week three for me, so maybe it will in time. But it makes it very exciting to go to the gym. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Arnie