View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 11:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Thumbs down Saw my doctor yesterday

Went to the doctor yesterday, and was yelled at for not losing enough weight. Even though I told her how many inches I've lost and that I had to buy new clothes because my old ones are too big, she said she also wants to see the scale go down.

I told her how much I've been exercising (3 days of aerobics and 3 days of weights per week), and she told me that to lose weight I would need to do 60 minutes of aerobics per day, at least 5 days per week! How can that be true? So many others have lost weight and do not need that much exercise! I don't have 60 minutes a day 5 or 6 days per week plus the 45 minutes of weights 3 days a week! I mean, gee, I did plan on doing something with my life besides working and exercising! Besides, I went from being completely sedentary to exercising 6 days a week -- shouldn't that be enough?

I know that the weight is coming off very slowly -- if I continue at my present speed, I should be about the right weight when I'm 150 years old! But I'm doing everything right and feel good, but my blood pressure just won't come down, and she told me the only way I can get it down is to lose weight. I'm doing my best, what else can I do? Does anyone else have any suggestions (besides changing doctors)?
Sponsored Links