#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 321.5/205.5/175
BF:
Progress: 79%
Talking Restaurant Survival Tips

I wanted to start this post as a resource for people on the board to share ideas about how they survive when they eat at restaurants. . . anything from McDonalds to Chez Mon Dieu.

One of my friends (not Lee for those wondering) just started on the Atkins diet shortly ago and was terrified of going into a restuarant where he could not pour his own drink, for fear of getting regular soda as opposed to diet. I restrict myself to only drinking diet when I eat out as kind of a treat so I gave him this advice.

1st - Be nice to the waitress or waiter, if they think you're a good person they will ensure things for you. Because after all good persons tip.

2nd - Tell them when you order the beverage (in a nice way) to ensure its diet. My typical line (which nearly ensures success) is to say. . ."I'm sorry to ask you this, but can you please be sure its diet, If I have a glass of regular soda, I won't be walking out of your restaurant." They instantly see what kind of situation that would create and will ensure it.

3rd - Tip well and I mean well. I believe this should be policy anyhow, but a nice fat tip whenever you go to a restaurant ensures when you come back they will remember you. I love the local Shari's in town and all of the waiters/waitresses know me by name, smile when I come in, and have a confirmed diet beverage waiting for me. And if you get that kind of service it makes me want to tip even more. Which gets a better reaction from them etc.

Sorry if that went on for a while....

GRINS

Mike
Sponsored Links