View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:29
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Sabotage from our loved ones does happen. You are not alone. Some seem to do it because they are afraid of their spouses getting thin, it will change the family dynamic or they are afraid of the dieting spouse getting too attractive and leaving them.

I live with my sister, and while I love her dearly, she is a pretty self-centered person. She eats chocolates all the time and makes starches at every meal. It wouldn't even occur to her not to do these things in order to help me out. But she is supportive, we go grocery shopping and (for the main meat dish at least) she'll check carb counts with me and make sure it's something I can eat. She'll pull out a bit of the ground beef for me before she adds the can of Manwich to make sloppy joes for her kids, etc.

So, is your husband sabotaging you? Or just too self-absorbed to notice (or care) what he is doing is hard on you? If he's sabotaging you, all I can suggest is re-assuring him (subtlely, not with a big talk) that you love him and won't leave him, talk about plans for what you'll do together after you lose weight, etc. If he's self-centered, maybe you can point out how he's making it hard for you and just plain old tell him to stop it.

Just some ideas.

Valerie