View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 07:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

This happened to me too. I really was surprised. After about 8 months of being pure atkins I lost my motivation a bit when girl scout cookies came out. I ate some different kinds of girl scouts and then just went off in a binge direction of various things I hadn't had in 8 months. I literally was sick for 3 days. I mean I was SICK. I was nauseated, vomiting, diarrhea etc. Thought I was going to die. I thought I had a virus to be honest with you. It did not occur to me it was what I ate. After a few days of this I actually did another day of eating all the bad stuff I shouldn't eat and the same thing happened. I was violently ill. I think being pure for 8 months did something to my body. To me it is a blessing. I am happy for it. Now I know I will get sick if I eat that stuff. It has helped me stay away from it now even more. Interestingly enough they call this the "dumping syndrome" in gastric bypass patients. One of the side effects of gastric bypass is that whenever you try to eat something very sweet and high carb you become very sick. I think it's interesting many of us who have done atkins a long time experience this same type of syndrome.