View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 20:35
RockerChik

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

You are making a comparison between exposure to animal cruelty issues and "sexually graphic" material? Hmm....I will respectfully disagree with this point of view. Again, whatcha got here is another person's point of view. That's allowed, right? Thanks a bunch!

War? Ok - to tell you the truth, the way things are going in our society, the realities of war are simply unavoidable. Exposure to these very real issues is ultimately safer and more realistic than attempting to "protect" kids by putting blinders on them. Kids are tough, you know. They can take it, especially when things are explained to them lovingly and intelligently. Their heards are not gonna explode from some reality.

Ok, PETA goes a little ape-sh*t sometimes, for very good reason. It DOES get people's attention and that's what they're TRYING to do. If anything, their displays cause kids to ask: "Mommy, Daddy - why are they doing that?" Then, MOMMY and DADDY, it's YOUR job to explain and enlighten YOUR KIDS about the issue. Unless your explanation is: "Oh, don't worry - those people are mean and crazy. Eat your yummy chicken and stop worrying about it, Sonny-boy." Which I suspect many people do, sadly.

PETA is an amazing organization and I support them. The incredible amount of cruelty that allows people to mutiliate and torture animals is no different than the mind-set which allows bombs to drop and the extermination of villages filled with innocent men, women and yes - CHILDREN. Come on! Nobody gets this? What don'tcha get?

With this profound knowledge implanted in our kids, there's also a good chance that the seeds will be sewn in today's youth to want to DO something about the sad state of affairs we're in. Children are, after all, our hope for tomorrow.

Wouldn't you prefer that there be environmentally conscious, cruelty-and-war abhoring individuals running the show here on earth by the time we're in our golden years? I know I would.