View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 19:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

Hi there everyone! Glad I found the new thread! I have a bit to say about this subject, heres my story!

I married my DH (what does this stand for anyhow I gather the hubby) a month after I turned 20. I was wisked away to the sunny aloha state (Hawaii). Only 4 short months after arriving he went on west pac (6 months). I knew NO ONE. I felt so alone. Then I met some other wives. I could never have felt so much love and support. The base offered so many things and helped me so much. I know they do what they can. Its there if you look. Now 7 years later I am the mother of a great lil girl (Caitlynn). No big suprise dad missed the birth by 10 hours waiting for the tide to come in so the ship could pull in. I hear ya bout the navy docs (some of them anyhow, love my new one) Caitlynn was born at "Cripler". "the pink palace of pain" also known as Tripler Army Medical. Now they would not come up with these names for no reason. Lets not get me started on the base housing. Hello!!! I lived in radford terrace BEFORE they tore it down. It looked like a bomb shelter. Lets not mention the rats. I spent many nights crying to my mom long distance.

Its true you can not pick who you love. But for all the bad, there is soooo much good. I have gone places and seen things I never would have. And I would suffer it all again for such a great man. I married him when I was a size 18 and im a 20 now. (after being a 26) He loves me and thats all I need. If there is one think a military man knows its to give of himself freely.

In the next year (when he returns from this deployment he will be headed to Japan alone, without me for 2 years to play with chemical weapons. I know its going to be very tuff. But I know his love will be waiting as will mine!

GO NAVY!!!!!!!!!