Thread: fun stuff....
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:23

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

As long as your androgen levels are high the hair will grow back. I guess they must be since your doctor prescribed spironolactone. When your hormones are in better balance then hair regrowth will become minimal, no matter how you remove them.

If you are worried about the spiro you could give the Glucophage a few months first and see if there are any improvements that way. I hate taking weird drugs too. I used to get unwanted hairs, but after a few months on LC they simply stopped growing back. Occasionally one or two reappear but I think these are leftovers and new follicles aren't being stimulated to grow anymore. Perhaps my problem wasn't as severe as yours, but after 20 years of that crap I know how you feel!

Btw, I also used Natural Progesterone cream to get things balanced a little quicker, that might have helped too. This was my deficiency from years of anovulatory cycles. You might consider getting your hormone levels tested to see if you are deficient somewhere and supplement with bioidentical hormones if necessary. Vliet's book "women, weight and hormones" is a great start.