View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/200/159 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 59%

I have lost 60 pounds without exercising. I will begin walking an hour a day shortly. The reason is this. The last time I lost 50 pounds, I did it by a combination of walking and reduced eating. I then had a medical condition that kept me from walking for a period of time and I immediately gained weight back. I did not change eating habits but without exercising I gained. Therefore, I don't want my weight loss to be completely dependent on exercise because there will be times and periods in our life when we cannot exercise. It is important and I will start soon. I believe the book said that in the initial part of the weight loss, exercise isn't as important as later. Plus, I heard when you hit those several month stalls, that either starting to exercise or increasing exercise will jump start the metabolism. I figure I am long overdue for a stall soon. I am a believer in exercise, however, this fad exercise is worse. You need to pick something that you will stick with for life, such as walking. If you join curves, or anything else, just to lose weight, guess what will happen when you stop? That said, there are people who cannot lose without exercise. It is an individual thing and what works for one may not work for another. To be healthy, you must exercise. I know I feel better mentally and physically when I do.