View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:09
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Actually, I think all low carb products are usually self-limiting. I get full faster and I stay full longer. Some just taste so nasty that they're self-limiting in that regard.
They don't cause that precipitious drop in blood sugar that makes me go back to the cupboard an hour later.

If I overeat of them, I generally feel just like I'd over-eaten on fat or protein, because usually they are fat and protein. It's like having twice as much ham and bacon, not like the old days of having too much ice cream with sugar.

For instance, the other day I found a low carb ice cream that was a little too good. And I over-indulged.... But then I was so full from that I couldn't eat dinner and that fullness carried into the next day when I found I ate less then.

Now, I won't be buying that ice cream all the time, because I know I'll over-do on it, but having it for a rare treat is a fine thing. And if I over-indulge, I won't be hungry at the next meal time. It balances out, calorie-wise if not nutrition-wise. Thus it should be a rare treat.

That's completely different from how I feel eating high carb or sugary products.

And, for me, sugar alcohols don't act the same as sugar making me want to eat again.

So, I choose to use low carb products and I like seeing more choices come onto the market. Although, I wish they'd find a sweetner that works better with chocolate than Splenda and doesn't cause the tummy upset of sugar alcohols.