View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 09:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20
Progress: 82%

LIEBERMAN: I have to tell you something about that. If you look at the research, people that drink diet sodas are oftentimes eating more calories than people drinking regular sodas.

I would have to disagree with that part, I was a coke-a-holic for many years, and found myself eating ALOT more garbage when drinking coke as opposed to the diet, but maybe since I started LC, I really don't drink diet sodas at all, I guess I am just paying more attention to what I am putting in my body now and I knew caffiene was a problem for me...............

LIEBERMAN: Well, you also can get a certain amount of methanol, which is the more toxic alcohol. That's a byproduct of NutraSweet and aspartame, if you're drinking a lot of it, and that's a wood alcohol that's actually rather toxic and can cause some problems as well. So you have a substance that, when you're taking in really large amounts, is going to affect your chemistry, your brain chemistry, your...

Also this part is kinda scary, knowing we have all these teenage girls running around drinkin diet sodas, no wonder the pregnancy rate is so high! We can't let our kids know about this legal form of intoxication...............
I wonder if that affects your B.A.C? " NO, really officer, I only had 4 diet cokes?" Makes ya wonder

Thanks for posting the article, it was very interesting to read, I never gave this to much thought.............

Any other thought?[COLOR=Blue]