View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 09:11

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Hi there - and first of all, congrats on your loss so far!

I realize how difficult it is to get motivated to exercise, but I have been so pleased with my results that I've become almost addicted to working out. Though I've had some stalls on the scales, I've lost a lot of inches at a fairly steady rate. I know that exercise has been key - I started just walking my dog. I'm busy too - but I now get up extra-early and hit my gym in the morning before work. As a night person, this has been a real change to my routine but it's definitely worth it. I used to say I had no time, but you'd be amazed at how easily you can find time if you really want to. If you have kids, just take them out for a long walk - for me, it was my dog who benefited. I took him out every night last fall for a 4 km walk and we both got quite fit.

They say that if you can stick to something for 3 months, it becomes routine and then it's easy to keep up. So challenge yourself with that - just 12 weeks of regular exercise. Picture yourself fit and sleek. Look on the photo pages on this forum for inspiration. I was 260 pounds last July and I'm 201 today. You and I - our stats are so similar, and if I can do it, you can do it!!!!! Check out your gym at different times of the day to see when it is least busy - mine is crazy at night after work, which is another reason why I go in the morning.

PM me or write in this forum, and keep telling yourself how successful you will be. Picture it and you will be it! Use all the resources here - you'll always find motivation and inspiration.

Good luck - keep us posted!

Laura