View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 08:15
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Kim, (I assume that's your name itmekim723) that is fabulous, what a great inspiration!

Back to the original question, maybe until there is a new forum (if the powers that be decide it's warranted) we can use this thread to that end.

Why don't you throw your questions out there and we'll start discussing them. I know I would like to have some answers specific to people at our weight too. I remember when I was trying to get some exercise at the gym last fall, I was using the treadmill and the heart rate monitor. I was trying to keep my heart rate between the fat burning zone, but just the mildest type of walking (about 3 mph) raising my heart rate up to the 85% maximum for exercise. I tried to find some answers as to what I should do, cut back my intensity so that my HR was lower, that didn't seem logical, I was comfortable at the 3.0 mph, felt like I was getting a good but not too tough workout or just ignore the HR. Never did get a satisfactory explanation.

I think we should have a thread at least for TDC exercise issues. Someone on the fitness challenge was asking about the best exercise for her particular circumstances, I think we could all help each other with questions like that here.

Valerie