View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 17:30
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I agree. I was slim in my teen and college years and had much trouble making girlfriends. After I became fat while I was pregnant, those same girls wanted to be my friend. They told me that I always seemed like I had it all and that I was very confident. If they only knew, I have never been confident a day in my life!!!! I even modelled and still had no confidence! I look at my pics and wonder what on earth could've been wrong in my head. I look at myself now, and realize what it's like to look bad.

As far as the professional scene....I was military. I was gaining quickly with my first pregnancy and hormone problems. I was harrassed like you wouldn't believe. They actually forced me to run every morning for three miles. Until I passed out from hemorraging. They took me to the hospital, and even after the docs confirmed it was a medical issue.....I was told I was lazy, malingering, and doing everything I could to get out of the military! Nothing could be further from the truth. My superior's looked at my college photos and said that I would never look like that again. It hurt very much. No one over weight wants to look like this....no matter what some fat people tell you. No one wants to be looked at as worthless. Even though it's been termed as an addiction.....we don't get treated like it. People seem to understand alcoholism. It's almost expected in certain social circles. But obesity....it's as if it were contagious. If they were to talk to us....they'd some how catch it. Even fat people are cruel to fat people!!! I had a guy bark at me the other day! He had to be at least 300lbs!!!

I don't know what the answer is....I wish I did. But I'm glad to have a group like this that I can share my stories with. It's nice to know that others do understand and can relate. Thank you for that.