Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmeg
time for me to chime in
Thanks so much for writing that. That was truly inspiring. I am in my 40s and have a lifetime of dieting experience, very little of it low carb.

I identify as a sugar addict... I tried that CAD diet where you have the hour to binge and the hour would become a week. Sigh.

Last time I tried low carb I didn't lose much weight and I got discouraged and left. I am back and determined to get healthy - the weight loss, although I want it sooo much, has to be secondary to good blood sugar, tryglyceride, and C-reactive protein readings....

I think that you do deserve positive feedback for sticking to it when society puts so many temptations in our way. When someone is a recovering alcoholic, there are very few people who will drag them into a bar and put a drink in their hand, and yet the equivalent of that has been done to me many times.

When I was in my early 30s I was in OA and I lost 110 pounds by giving up sugar and flour. My in laws, who had been so nasty about the weight I gained having my kids, were tremendously unsupportive, especially after I had lost the weight. My friends weren't there for me either - a number of them had never seen me fat. But they got their chance! I gained it all back and have been fat ever since. My kids - now 15 and 17 - don't remember when I was thin.

So yeah, you treated the disease. But others of us just let it run rampant. Not a moral issue - but I wish I had stuck with it 3 years ago. I let the people at work who offer me pizza have their way instead of continuing to make better choices.

I'm beginning to feel like there is a chance for me. (You have to understand that my endocrinologist has told me that I will never be thin. And my [former] asthma guy told me to go have a gastric bypass.) But maybe they are wrong!

I know I belong here, I only hope I can stick with it. I have started a journal and am trying to particiapte in the boards as I learn about my new WOE.... you have given me hope.

Thanks again.