#10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 16:30
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 105/105/93 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hang In There

Tash, You are welcome. I am here for you. I can see why you are discouraged, but please hang in there. Have you visited a doctor to get your thyroid checked? I am by no means a medical expert or anything, but I am just wondering if you have a slow metabloism due to a thyroid problem. I know your frustration... back a couple of years ago when I went to LA Weight Loss, it took me FOREVER to start losing. I had 34 pounds to lose that time. They required you to go in three times a week for a "weigh in," which was VERY stressful. They required that during these "weigh in" sessions you meet with a "trained??????" counselor, who was supposed to give you a pep talk. I used to get sooooo depressed after they talked to me that I almost gave up!!!! I told them I refused to come in three times a week and cut it down to once a week, and the stress was gone. I hung in there, and the weight finally began to come off!! Of course, I altered their plan - cutting portions and not eating their required "weight loss" bars that contained 180 calories and tons of sugar -- they wanted me to eat two a day!! This past November, my husband's brother had a stroke, and we had to travel back East for two weeks to be with him. Our schedule was so hectic that all we ate was fast food and we sometimes didn't even get that till very late evening. I had no time to exercise or anything. Then Thanksgiving rolled around, and I thought -- what the heck, why try to lose now -- so I waited till after the holidays. It took me three weeks on SBD to lose the weight I had put on, but I am glad I lost it, because now my clothes fit much better. DON'T EVER GIVE UP -- I KNOW you can do it!!