Thread: Macadamia Nuts
View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 07:36

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default In my little corner of the world.

We all choose the paths in life that we take. We make our choices. The paths we take will take us to a desination. We choose to either stay on our path or step off our path.

In my little corner of the world things are very simple.

I have chosen a path.
It is not the path I used to take, it is a new path.
What is on this path is not what was on the old path.
To do what I used to do is to step off of this path.
I came to a fork in the road so to speak.
I made a choice.

Cheating? To me it's the old path calling. The whiney child in me, the part of me that doesn't want me to make change.
And what I associate with that part of me are feelings from a time and place before where I had no answers and felt frustrated and lost and alone, and I'll say it - FAT. I was also moody, unhealthy and very unhappy.
- this place, the
old path - contains nothing that I want for my life now, on my new path.

You need to want success more than any calling to the old path. If you take do as you did when on the old path, you will be only demonstrating that you are not 100% committed to your new choice for yourself. That despite all your talk, you have not given yourself completely to the new path.

Now I know this sounds very strange to some people. Religious, even FREAKY - It's not western thinking - it stems from the general philosophies of Buddism (I'm not buddist but I use the principals in my life)...of the 8 folds - Right Intention, Right Thinking and Mindfullness.

We make choices.
No, I am not tempted. When I see food that is not on my new path, my new low carb way of eating, I also am reminded, see and feel once again, all the pain and suffering of walking the old path. It is easy and simple to say "no thank you".

I'm not refusing the food. It's bigger than that. It has to be.
I'm refusing to invite even the feelings of the past to intrude on me and own me again.

It is a very purist view I know. Not Americanized. I am an American however - and understand that this kind of
thinking seems foreign and almost masochistic to some. It isn't. It's what anyone does when they commit themselves 100% to a change in their lives. Go all the way or don't go. I like the challenge! Changing your ways - all the way is something to strive for -

What path are you on?