View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:20

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

That guy cracks me up. One thing for sure, he doesn't suffer for lack of confidence. This is a quote from his netcarb website.

Quote:
..push the current obesity epidemic of about 60% of all Americans as overweight to about 90% as the low-carb craze continues to grow -- unless we put an end to the nonsense [of NetCarbs]. That's what I'm going to do because I'm the new and improved, more complete, Atkins.

He fancies himself as the new and improved Atkins. And the website is to promote his new book, The Great American Diet Hoax: The Net Carb Scam. On that website he goes on a long and rambling denounciation of the netcarb concept.

I happen to agree with him, but I don't exactly see that there is enough there to fill a whole book.

Anyway, he grates on my nerves and I think he has that effect on a lot of people. He was posting here sometime ago, basically he was just trying to sell his current book. He was just dripping arrogance and while I don't know if he managed to sell many books here, I do know he p*ssed more than a few with his I-know-better-than-you attitude.

PS I agree with you Spud. They are seriously undermining their credibility with this netcarb crap. It's such a transparent greedy corporate grab.