View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:50

Plan: low carbs and low GI inde
Stats: 225/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:?Don't Wanna Know!
Progress: 67%
Smile Wishing you luck!

I quit cold turkey Christmas morning 2002!!!

It was hard but that was my Christmas gift to me! Maybe the Easter Bunny could bring you a special gift of - no more cigarettes!

I waited a year until I knew I wasn't gonna relapse then started the LC WOL to get rid of all the pounds I had accumulated over the years.

I know how hard it was to quit and I know how hard it was at first to adjust to LC living - I definately found quitting smoking easier!

If you really want it you can do it!!

I feel so much better than I ever have! Hubby put up with me while I quit and then 3 months later he quit!

I think it's definately a good thing we didn't both quit at the same time one of us probably would have killed the other one!

We are both so much happier now - not to mention wealthier! They weren't cheap when I quit so I'm sure they aren't cheap now!

Start a "smoke fund" for something you really want and put all that money from the cigarettes into a fund for something good for you!

We tried at first to do that but ended up eating out, going to a movie, doing other fun stuff with the kids instead. That was just as good for us because we wanted to live longer to annoy them later in life so we thought it appropriate to spoil them a little more now!

Good Luck I know you can do it!!!