View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/222/220 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Ok maybe we do need some restrictions placed on the labelling. The big problem I see is that the people doing the resticting do not believe in this way of life. They are from health canada who push the food pyramid.

But after reading this article that I found on Lowcarbiz.com, we low carb cosummers do need some protection. please read the article because it has some scary facts, and was posted on a Low Carb buisness site. Especially the one for Florida where 65 % of the low carb food claims were found to be false with many of the products having 6 to 7 times more carbs then advertised. Or look at Russel stovers. Which I picked up on myself, where there SF peanut butter cups, are the exact same as the LC peanut butter cups, but they charge $1us more per bag for LC. Also I recently bought some SF chocolate covered Almonds from the US. The bag had approx 20-25 Almonds in the bag, and according to the label it had 0 carbs. How does coating an almond in SF chocolate erase all the carbs. Lastly I seen a bottle of Steels Peanut sauce at low Carb solutions, and it has negative carbs (maybe this was an error, but makes you question the other Steel products). In Steels case they posted the Suger alchol for subtractive reasons, but didn't put it in total carbs, which resulted in negative carbs.

http://www.lowcarbiz.com/press_room...104MSNMoney.htm