View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 12:24

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Well my husband just sat and laughed at me today as I grumbled wandering through the store snatching up 5 different types of tempeh to ease my mind. hehe. My favorite restraunt in town makes these amazing tempeh rubin sandwiches. I think I'm gonna try and figure out how to make it myself at home since it did say that fermented soy was okay.

I talked to my nurse midwife and she said to just eat soy in moderation. She said having my soy shake a few times a week wasn't going to cause serious problems most likely. As for all the tvp burgers, and other products I eat... after I am done with my full freezer full of wanna be meat products I am going to definately think twice before grabbing a box and putting it into my cart.

Luckily I was told that my protein was actually too high for what I needed which was why I was using all those products to begin with. I went to fitday today and found that it's actually quite easy to reach an acceptable amount of protein without soy products at all. Using pinto or other type beans, nuts and dairy it was still easy to reach the amount I need. It didn't even have any effect on my carbs when I went to total out the daily percentages.

Thanks so much for starting this thread Kristine. I tend to like to keep my eyes closed at times just so I don't have to deal with reality. I wish I had really checked into it earlier because it really wasn't as much hastle as I thought it would be to fix the problem.

jenn