#4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 105/105/93 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default To Janette360 & Tashinpa

Janette360 -- Thanks!! Yes, I did break my stall, and I am where I want to be now and fitting in all my clothes!! I actually just added an hour of brisk walking in the evening in addition to my other exercises, and I am not sure if that is what did it or not. Yes, I have added whole grain toast and grapefruit in the morning, strawberries on the weekend, Subway wraps (turkey/no cheese/ lettuce, tomato, onion, oil and vinegar), and we even went out to eat the last two weekends, and the first weekend, I had an omelet with a lot of real cheese and the toast with jelly and this past weekend, we went to a fish fry on Friday, and I had baked fish with pepper, lemon and breadcrumb topping, a dinner roll, cole slaw and even a little of the baked potato, and on Saturday, I had chicken picatta with a side of fettucini alfredo with NO weight gain!!! I even allowed myself some peanut M&Ms as a treat. So I guess the weight I lost was actual weight and not water weight. How are you doing????

Tashinpa, I don't think I have any special secret to why it worked. I can tell you, I exercised a great deal, drank LOTS of water and was VERY strict on Phase 1. I never once took a bite of any food that was not on the list. I also had a LOT of support from my husband. The hardest thing for me was to give up my Lean Cuisine convenience meals which were actually where most of my carbs came from prior to the SBD. Other than those, I ate pretty low carb anyway before this WOE. Are you exercising and drinking the water? Oh, and one more thing -- I ate a VERY early dinner and allowed myself nothing except for maybe sugar free jello prior to bed. I also ate my largest meal at noon instead of in the evening. I generally had a big salad with Newman's Own olive oil and vingar (with less than one gram of sugar) and some sort of protein (chicken breast, shrimp or egg). Why don't you post a typical day's menu and maybe either myself or some of the others will see something that might be causing you not to lose.