#12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone,
I know I've been rather scarce around here lately, but I do pop in a couple of times a day to read. I guess I'm a bit like Wendy. I just cannot keep up with everyone. When I got back from Mexico in Jan. there were so many new people--for which I'm very happy. And many more since then. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is great! My poor brain just cannot keep up with who's who and what's going on in their lives. And it seems rather self-serving of me to just blather on about my own life.
Having said that I had to let everyone know I am just fine. No need for a trip to hunt me down up here. You wouldn't like the weather anyway. High of about 25 today, although it was sunny. We've had a blizzard within the last week though. But warmer weather is on the way!!
Elaine, I wanted to wish you well before your surgery and let you know that I will be praying for you. And here's hoping Renee gets home safe and sound from her hiking expedition. And Dawn!!! Truly amazing. I know I was a case of diabetes waiting to happen--very strong family history and then I started having hypoglycemic episodes. My father was an insulin-dependent diabetic for the last 25 years of his life and suffered nearly all the complications that diabetics suffer (other than kidney failure), so I can greatly appreciate how big a deal it is to get off insulin. And Songberrie, your weight loss is absolutely astounding. It took me 8 months to lose that amount. You just keep it up!
I think I'm going to be easing back into maintenance again. I had started a month or so ago (using a combination of Sugarbusters and GI Diet). Then my one son came home after 2 months visiting his missionary brother in Mexico and he had gained 15 lb. and wanted to go back on Protein Power. I stayed on more fruit, but otherwise pretty well went back to PP. I had lost one pound on my maintenance program and another a week or so ago on PP. So just 4 more to go! Anyway the first time my son was on protein power in Nov. and Dec. last year, it took him 6 weeks to lose 5 lb. I couldn't figure it out. Young healthy, active male. Mind you, he didn't have a huge amount to lose. This time, it's working much better. He's lost 12 lb. in 3 weeks and in fact he weighed in where he works out and has lost 10 lb. since he started there 2 weeks ago today. You know what I think the difference is? He's eating more carbs. And not really on purpose. He is working a factory job and takes a lunch to work. I bought him Hunt's Juicy Gels to take in his lunch. I didn't realize there were 2 varieties--a regular and a sugar-free sweetened with Splenda. I thought they were all Splenda sweetened. Bought a new supply last night and just happened to glance at the nutritional info after I got them home. Nearly died! 24 gm of carb. WHAT!???? Here I'd bought both kinds and he had consumed 6 of the regular ones in his lunch in the past 2 weeks. So we've decided he loses much better at slightly higher carbs. Won't be feeding him any more of the sugar sweetened Juicy Gels, but he and I both feel he can afford to be more generous in healthy carbs. He still wants to lose 20-25 lb. I think that would make him awfully gaunt, but we'll see. I made some whole wheat muffins tonight that I had made a month ago and boy, were they good. I've never been a LC baking fan, and these are the real thing.
I need to update my profile again. Another reason for posting. Best wishes to everyone. Keep up the great work!
Marjorie