View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:46
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%
Post Basal metabolism and counting calories.

Thanks to another thread here in the forum , another member mentioned some stuff about possible slow weight loss due to eating beyond their recommended caloric intake. I realize most people on Atkins don't need to count calories..but I on the other hand am thinking I just may. Which is fine...I just didn't understand how i would figure this number out. And I also didn't understand this stuff about basal metabolism and lifestyle and activity on the fitday page for your activities. I have never done any of this before so I am completely lost sometimes.
Well thank-you frecklefluf because the link you sent me was a God send
and I saw that I was eating on most days 500 to 1000 calories or more
over my basal metabolic need. EEEEEEEK!!!!!
I did notice too, however, on the days where I was close to my basal
caloric requirement my carbs sat somewhere in between 10 and 15 for the dayAm having a lot of trouble keeping my menu straight.
I also read on that site that I should maybe count all sugar alcohols a well. I tasted my first Advantage Bar today..had 1/8 of a bar. Do most people really just count the 2 net grams? Because I took from that post you should count the total carbs minus the fiber and thats it. So one bite of that bar ..being about 1/8th would be about 2 and 1/2 grams? If the total carbs are 21. Anyone care to share their vast knowledge of lc'ing? I am btw just entering my 5th week of strict induction.
Sponsored Links