#8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-01, 09:22

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristy73
But I will eventually up the amount of carbs that I intake to a maintenance level and I think some of that will contain breads etc. I don't think it's completley safe to not have any carbs at all forever is it?

Yes, adding more carbs is a good idea. And you should be eating carbs now in limited quantitiy. Adding a few more will help deal with the monotony of eating the same foods day in and day out. Which carbs you choose is up to you, but making informed choices is always desirable. I have found, from personal experience, that any amout sugar (in the form of sucrose) is not good (it made me quite ill); fructose I have been ok with in small quantities. I would be very leary of bread, however. Refined grains are the hardest on our bodies in terms of digestion and the Eades point out in Protein Power Lifeplan that the introduction of grain in our diet has been linked to all kinds of diseases and health problems. My boyfriend recently lost 23 lbs with this WOE and had to up his carbs to stop weight loss, he can handle fruit and very startchy veggies, peanuts and beer, but one slice of bread makes him very ill.

It's just my personal opinion, but I think eating less carbs and not eating grains or sugar is the safest and healthiest way to live. I know how much better it makes me feel.

Nat