Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:41

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

It's interesting reading all of your posts. I could post about the time I ate a whole bag of cookies within 2 days, or the double helpings of lasagna, but I won't.

I hear a bit of "I'm to blame" in all of your posts. Well, let me tell you, if you are addicted to carbs the only blame is on our education system for not clearly teaching us how food really works in our bodies. I know that it's not totally our fault. Yes, we probably could have eaten a bit less, but we would not have been satisfied and would have eaten more in another hour or 2. And while we were pigging out, wasn't there a little voice in the backs of our minds saying it didn't matter anyway...there was no way I could ever be thin?

How do I know that we aren't at fault? Because I have living proof in my carb addicted 17 yr old daughter. I didn't know how carbs worked back when she was a little kid and could kick myself some days for not knowing. She started gaining weight at age 3. When she was about 5 years old I can remember having conversations with my best friend about watching my daughter's weight and if I would just have her eat smaller portions she would grow into her weight. I did watch what she ate and it was the same as other kids. When we went out to restaurants with our friends, I saw her eat the same cheeseburger, fries (with tons of catsup) and regular Coke as the other kids. She really did only have 1 serving of mashed potatoes with dinner... one piece of cake at the birthday parties, etc. I was completely baffled and couldn't figure out how to keep her from gaining weight. Even my mother and my best friend said a few times that DD didn't really eat any more than other kids.

I truly feel like a medical condition has been diagnosed and now we are on the road to recovery.

Now, how many of you are still pigging out on lc foods? I think that's going to be the issue we have to tackle to really reach our goal... It's a hard one for me... I do like my SF chocolate treats. I suppose it's a good thing that they cause a few problems with gas.