Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:54

Plan: Moderate Low Carb
Stats: 288/240/150 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 35%

Count me in. I would like to blame genetics, yo-yo dieting, insulin resistance, society, somebody, anybody... But the truth is, I love to eat. I eat when I 'm happy, sad, stressed, relaxing, bored, just cause it tastes good. I can eat huge portions of food. I've done the two drinks at the drive thru thing, eaten a dozen donuts, considered a pint of Ben and Jerry's to be a single serving size, ate ritz crackers by the sleeve and cheez-its by the box. I remember my mom suggesting that I go to the doctors to check the reason why I kept gaining weight. After all I was active and didn't eat that much (not when others were around anyway!). Truth be told, even on low carb I seem to be cheating a little more each day. It is like I am testing myself to see if I can just sneak in a few cookies and still lose weight, then maybe one high carb meal a week, then a weekend like this one where I seemed to be off plan more than on. And, the scales is not moving down lately (no big surprise). If I don't get control, I am on the way back up for sure. I have already given myself that all too familiar pep talk about starting fresh tomorrow. Hopeflly reading this thread will help me to remember just how out of control food addiction can become and that even though I think I can handle a little cheating without falling apart, I really have to be stay strong because for me, food is dangerous.

Thanks Orchidday for starting this thread. It really helpd me to put things into perspective.
Christy