Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ok, since we are being honest here, I will get A LOT of things off my chest. I was/am a horrible food addict. I remember the times I would go to Arby's and order 2 Big Montana's, family sized fries, mozz sticks, 5 sides of cheddar cheese adn a large diet coke! Then when I would get to the window and they asked if I wanted any sauce, I would talk into my cell phone TO NOBODY and ask, "Did you want any sauce with your sandwiches?" or when I would go into the store and pile like 10 candy bars on the counter and then call my voice mail on my cell phone to ask my "imaginery kids" if these would be ok for them and their friends! I used to wait til my DH went to sleep and then pull out a bag of JUNK from the back of the cabinet and eat non-stop for like 2 hours. I would be in a stupor when I was finished and I HATED IT!

A few years ago I had a heart attack and ALMOST DIED! I was in intensive care for 2 weeks and the day I got out I went to Mc Donald's and ordered (4) THAT'S FOUR filet of fish with extra tartar sauce and large fries and (of course) diet coke! I had no control at all over my appetite. I felt like a crack addict and every fast food restaurant was serving crack rocks, available most of the time for less than 99 cents and sometimes 3 for $2. I could not stop myself from doing it again and again, UNTIL........

I started this WOE and finally for once in my life gained control over my appetite!

Thanks so much for this post! I was going to cheat today, I even had it planned out. I blamed it on a "need to give my kidneys a rest." What BS! If I tell you the truth right now, it was my old addiction rearing it's ugly head up and wanting another "fix" and I know that once is NEVER enough when you are an addict. Thankfully, my friend and LC buddy was with me and talked some sense into me. Reading this post has taken any remaining thoughts of a cheat and thrown them out the window. I do not ever want to feel that way again as long as I live. Nothing I can put in my mouth is worth sabotaging all of the hard work I have done. Nothing!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Orchid for making me wake up and fess up!