Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 19:51

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

I was more like this...after having my dd I had a huge appetite. I didn't eat a whole plate of potatoes or go eat an enormous amount of food...I ate normally except for last year, that's when I started getting into the large amounts of food...but still not as much as I've seen some people describe. I would have a bowl of ice cream...I would eat 4 pieces of pizza...the problem was that later I would eat the rest of it. I also never drank water and I drank beer-(which is horrible in carbs), sodas etc. I never did eat a whole bunch of junk food either...my favorite snack was the cheap jelly beans but only at easter...oh but during the year it was the Little Debbies Oatmeal Sandwiches with the icing inside. I could eat that everyday and I did...but if I bought the box of it I would eat like 3 and then 3 the next day.

In the last year I started eating more starches than I ever did. I could eat a whole bowl of rice or have a big heap of potatoes...

But I never pigged out on a bucket of chicken or bought 4 pizzas and ate them all, or downed a carton of ice cream etc.

Mine has to do with overeating, insulin resistance and genes!!! My mom was nearly 400 lbs and so I ended up being nearly 400 lbs. My main problem was dinner...I ate normally but eventually-(in the last year)-that wasn't good enough...I had to have seconds and then it got to where I was sitting there a few hours later with a spoon stuffing my face with more.

Then I started eating restaurant style...so breakfast was homemade biscuits with syrup, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee, toast, juice, and hashbrowns and I started eating that everyday. And on Sunday it was homemade pancakes, scrambled eggs w/cheese, sausage or bacon, sometimes hashbrowns and juice and coffee.

Lunch would be very small because I was usually in school and so dinner would included seconds and a late third.

It was like I never felt full...but when I moved to this new city I didn't eat as much as that...but it didn't matter the weight I had gained was there and nothing I could do would stop it. So now with Lowcarbing I do feel full and I am in control of my appetite...so for me...it's a combo of things.