Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 18:58

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I think it was a couple of things for me. Convenience. Frozen Michelina's pasta alfredo meals that were 5 for $4. But hey, I added peas. That made them healthy, right? I had a long fling with Susan Powter. 2500 cals a day, under 20 g fat. Blueberry bagels galore. Some of it was treating depression with food. With my fiance 400 miles away, I'd come home from work and have either half a loaf of french bread slathered with butter, or pasta and red sauce with garlic bread - or on really miserable nights, 5-6 potatoes worth of mashed potatoes with milk and butter. Potatoes Not Prozac has to be true, because that bowl of mashed would send me to a warm, fuzzy, happy place I didn't want to come back from. Another issue - I've been assaulted. Once at 16 and once at 24. Attention from guys can scare the bejeezus out of me. Add 30-50 lbs and presto - no more attention. In fact, attention from men is part of what derailed me last time I hit 199. Size 12, heads started turning, a few guys chatted me up and I was terrified. Mix in a bout of SAD and I became reaquainted with about 20 lbs.

So, it's a complex situation, but overeating, or at least overeating carbs was definitely part of it.

Cheers,

Friday