View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 18:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Default Is It Just Me?

I feel rather vulnerable writing this because it is rather "putting it all out there".

I was reading some stuff in the "war zone" today and it kind of cracked me up and made me really think about some stuff. One guy talks about how people must have pigged out on sugar and fat constantly to get so big. I found it interesting that every response talked about how they always ate and exercised normally and just got fat.

I hear most people in the TDC say that too. They ate normal, even reduced, diets and exercised regularly if not strenuously. I understand insulin resistence and I do believe that is true for some people. I understand the metabolic systems that can make this possible so please don't fill me in on them again.

I can only speak for myself. I pigged out on sugar, fat, and carbs. I made myself insulin resistent by overloading my system for years. I could eat most people under a table especially when I was alone.

I never ate a bowl of ice cream. I ate a pint with sauce and nuts. I went through drive-thru fast food joints and ordered two drinks so they wouldn't think it was just me. During the holidays I would eat bags and bags of candy. I once told a guy working at Boston Market that I was getting such a big order because I had four kids at home (I was living alone and the sweet man even gave me a discount for all the kids). I ate Mexican food at a rate that would rival a Sumo Wrestler. Late at night at work I would eat candy out of other people's candy dishes and I would eat the little snacks out of the snack box and end up owing it $5. I drank Coke and sugar drinks like it was the elixer from God himself. I would get two 12-inch subway sandwiches and ask them to cut them in half (the nonexistent children again) then go home and eat them until I was in a carb stupor. Of course, I never ever ate bacon or real butter because it was fattening.......

Exercise or lack thereof is a whole other thread.......

But I had a great laugh at the war zone threads because some of those flamers ARE describing my old habits. That is just the truth. Even though the language they are using is rather unflattering. If the shoe fits wear it.

Is it just me? Did everyone else on the TDC forum get fat from insulin resistance and yo-yo dieting? Or are there others who did what I did to get so heavy, and like me, are now dealing with the metabolic consequences of years of abusing their body?

I can't be alone but maybe I am.

Orchid
Sponsored Links