Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
liz175- sounds reasonable to me.

If you decide to do it, feel free to stop by my journal. I am planning another series of "blitz days" starting on Tuesday. (I have a major work deadline tomorrow, so Tuesday seems like a good time to start.) If at all possible, I want to hit April weighing in the 240s.

My basic menu for low calorie/lowcarb days has been:

Breakfast: one-half cup lowfat cottage cheese with one-half cup blueberries

Lunch: Moderate size romaine lettuce salad with chicken (or something similar) and moderate amounts of oil and vinegar -- just enough to get the lettuce wet, but not enough to soak it.

Dinner: At least six ounces of protein (fish is good because it is lower cal), steamed vegetables (no butter)

No snacks; as much walking as I can fit in to my schedule (ideally 3 to 4 miles)

I have to cut back on the fat to get the calories down. However, I find that by staying lowcarb, I can keep the hunger pangs and cravings away. It's easier for me to do this on weekdays since I work fulltime and therefore I am away from the kitchen all day!

I can only keep this up for three or four days at a time, but I have been able to drop a couple of pounds each time I do it. I figure if I do this twice a month I can lose at least four or five pounds a month (assuming it keeps working) and I can live with that. Of course, it may stop working at some point and then I'll need to figure out something else!

The rest of the month I eat more normal lowcarb with some snacks (although I have to watch the nuts), cheese, etc. I don't seem to have any problems maintaining -- I like lowcarb eating and stick to it easily -- my issue is losing more weight.