View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 12:28
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I just DID induction again, cleanly except for TWO lc bars on my son's doctor appointment day just to avoid conking out while lifting him repeatedly. I lost five lbs. In my other thread, I told how I lapsed after that when I was sick by eating some cereal and a little fruit over the course of TWO days and gained it ALL back with a little for good measure. I know, I know.."It's just water." But it made me feel even worse "cheating" on otherwise healthy food, not sugar or refined crap, and STILL blowing up like a water balloon!

This lead to the advice about how I need to read the book and re-introduce foods PROPERLY. Um, like I spent a YEAR doing just to build "up" to 30 grams a day? I've read the book, followed it as written, had success... then ground to a halt.

I did CAD and started losing again after a NINE-month stall, but with Steven's adventures this winter, had too much trouble adhering to the strict time limits. Often, that meant missing out on the reward meal altogether, since I couldn't sit down to a "meal" but had to grab what I could while he rested, and/or sneak a bite to eat in between HIS meals, meds, exercises, pain and repositioning...you get the picture.

I'm currently reading the food plan companion book to the Dr Phil Ultimate Weight Solution, and "Low Carb Dieting For Dummies" (don't laugh, excellent book... ) Both are moderate-carb approaches that seem to be more "liveable" to me.