View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 11:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Good afternoon everyone! Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me back so warmly.

Kat-I, too, am concerned for you. I don't have any first-hand experience with ephedra, but I have heard the horror stories. Supporters of ephedra claim that it is safe as long as you only take the prescribed amount, but I am not so convinced. What I do want to let you know is that we are here for you. We all know what it is like to be frustrated. I do not know you well enough to know your whole dieting story, but it sounds like regular Atkins has not given you the results you've been seeking. I think that is very common for people at your weight. I was a similar weight for a very long time, and it didn't matter how strictly I stuck to Atkins or Protein Power. It wasn't until I drastically cut calories, fat, and carbs for awhile that I convinced my body to lose. Later I was then able to increase all of these to more reasonable Protein Power-ish amounts to maintain the loss. It sounds like you have a very reasonable plan right now in terms of calories. I know there are a lot of people who think it is a bad idea to go too low in calories, but I believe that sometimes it is necessary, at least for a small amount of time, to jump-start weightloss. Pay close attention to your body and how it reacts to those pills, and let us know how it goes.

Bawdy-Sorry to hear that your retail therapy didn't go as well as planned. I HATE bra shopping. In the last year, I have lost 20 lbs and inches everywhere, EXCEPT my chest!!!! Most women lose it there first, but of course, I am not so lucky. I am still clinging to a 38C/D, and honestly, they look ridiculous on the rest of my body. There's been so many times that I've just wished they would go away. I never find bras that fit quite right, and I agree that the sizing is completely obscure. There's usually only a couple bras that I own that I even wear at one time, and right now I have two that I alternate. So I feel your pain!!!! The good news is that I bought a new microwave yesterday and I love it! Sorry to hear that you couldn't find the CAD book. I have the 1993 version, but am thinking about getting the Lifespan version sometime. From what I understand, most of the info is in the original CAD, but they've finetuned it in the CALD version, like trigger foods, and other things to help you be successful. The CALD is geared toward 40+, but they also say it doesn't matter, and I am always interested in more reading material. There were several CALD books at the bookstore here but only one copy of the one I got. Good luck in finding it. Really the only thing that was there that cannot be found on the stickies on the CAD forum are the personal accounts, especially of the authors. I found it most interesting that Mrs. Heller had tried a bunch of different diets, including Atkins, and failed before stumbling upon what became CAD.

Well, I gotta go do some planning for school now. Only one more week till spring break!!!! Next week at this exact moment I will be on a plane to Phoenix. Ellie, here I come!