#2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 10:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi GTK

ooooH I'm sorry your IBS is flaring up - I know how it hurts.

Since IBS is such an individual thing I can only tell you what helps me - I know a lot of people find relief in the low fibre Atkins type plans - others like me need more fibre - it might be that the fibre in the metamucil type things is just not enough for you, I tried things like physsiulium and it just didn't do a thing for me - maybe you need to add in some different kinds of fibre - don't forget you can subtract the fibre from your total carb count so if you have a 1/2 cup serving of a bran cereal (say fibre 1) you have 23 carbs but 13 of them are fibre so only count 10 - then up your fibre more by eating some fibrous veggies like cauliflower, spinach etc. If you are upping your fibre from really low levels then you can expect to have a day or two of bloating when adding in more fibrous foods - but after this passes you might find you feel a lot better is your pain hanging around your waist area and kind of poking you in the back on your left side and if it gets worse travelling all the way to your right side??