View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/175/150 Female 5 ft 9 inch
BF:
Progress: 67%
Question IBS worse on Atkins?

Hi- this is my first post,sorry so long! though I have been reading around here for a couple months now. I need some help... my IBS has come back for me the last 6 weeks or so. My IBS started when I lost about 20 pounds way back when ( about 10 years ago). I eventually lost 40. I had the classic problems, back and forth, lots of flatulence, abdomial pain, etc. The doctor had me start drinking the metamucil stuff, and I did ok for a number of years- drank it every moring and night. Would have really bad times once in a while. Then I got preggo, and wow it got unbearable. So my doctor had me take colace ( whaterver the generic is) every day. It worked wonders! I stopped taking it after I had my daughter and never really got bad again. I would have occasional problems, and mild discomfort, but nothing like before. I had another baby, same thing w/ getting worse, taking colace. No problems afterwards. So for the last 4 years I have had none- minor problems. Until I started this WOE! The first month or so was ok. I had to start drinking the orange stuff again, but I can handle that. But lately, the last 6 weeks or so it has started affecting me alot. But I only get constipated now- not back and forth. I feel crappy and even have problems sleeping due to the discomfort. I felt so terrible about a week ago- I was so tired and energyless, and in pain - that I did my first refeed. I did dinner through dinner. I felt so good! I was afraid that I would feel crappy like everyone else when re-introducing carbs and sugar. And I went to the bathroom that night and 3 more times the next day!! This was last Monday, and now it has almost been a week. I am miserable again, only had one minor BM since then - that was Fri morning. Today I woke up at 5am, and couldn't go back to sleep due to pain. I have tried taking more, and less of the orange stuff, but dosen't seem to help. Right now I do a teaspoon in the morning and tablespoon at night. Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links