View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 08:41

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I am amazed and shake my head (internally) at the group at work.
They have signed up for "Tasty Thursday", where one person on the list bring enough treats for everyone else.

Now, there are no rules regarding this, and you could in theory bring something more healthy, but the choices usually range from M&M meats desserts (butter squares, Nanaimo Bars, Cream Puffs, etc.) to donuts from the local establishment.

Occastionally there are whole grain breads and cream cheese, dried fruit and nuts, sliced fresh fruit, or other choices, but the majority is fast, quickly purchased, empty junk.

Now, what makes me shake my head the most is the one particular person who has begun Weight Watchers recently (and at last discussion, had lost 15 pounds - good for her - I'm sorry, but I can't see it yet - she has a lot to lose)

Anyway, last Thursday I just happened past the display and there she was - filling up a plate with cinnamon knots (or should I say "nots") and other pastries. I'm wondering where on her points list all that fits in?

She's described her breakfast for me - I don't know how she stands it - One of those hay bales of shredded wheat, sometimes sugar, and milk - I'd be hungry so soon, I'd be giving up that ridiculous plan quickly. Even when I ate cereal for breakfast, I had to eat so much of it just to last till break time - I was starved way before then otherwise. Either her snacks are holding her through the morning (whatever they are), or she has a lot of will power to endure the hunger pains (which I'm sure are there).

Anyway, I think I've wandered entirely off topic, but I started this reply just to say that it seems that every workplace has its sugar pushers. I guess I'm lucky that most of the time, the ones in our office sign up for the pleasure. I've actually brought in LC baking (which I didn't want in the house - too convenient), and it disappeared so quickly, and was enjoyed by everyone who had it - isn't that hilarious? Do you think they even analyze what they're putting in their mouths?